Classroom Behavioral Therapist
Acquires baseline data and implements approved program using behavioral technology. Follows and implements a behavior plan, consistently redirects challenging behavior, and implements PTT techniques. Creates monthly summaries and progress reports. Maintains professional communication, and follows student's daily schedule. Implements student's IEP, creates and updates daily data sheets, identifies programs that require troubleshooting. Makes appropriate changes to student's curriculum.
- Acquires baseline data and implements approved program using behavioral technology appropriately, neutrally and consistently.
- Follows the prompting hierarchy.
- Utilizes SDs that are clear, concise and consistent.
- Prompts during small group instruction.
- Follows and implements a behavior plan.
- Consistently redirects challenging behavior when appropriate.
- Correctly implements PTT techniques.
- Maintains neutrality when working through challenging behavior.
- Creates monthly summaries and progress reports.
- Maintains professional communication (written and verbal) with families and co-workers.
- Follows student's daily schedule.
- Creates and prepares materials. Implements student's Individual Education Plan (IEP). Creates and updates daily data sheets.
- Identifies programs that require troubleshooting.
- Meets with coordinating teacher to choose next targets.
- Makes appropriate changes to student's curriculum.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Educational Aide Permit (EAP) through the Ohio Department of Education: permit must be pending prior to start date; or Ohio Teaching License (OTC).
- None required.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting students, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination, physically able to manage students of varying weight and sizes.
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing. Personal
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.