Metals Laboratory Technician
We are looking for a Lab Technician to help in our Metals Lab Department. The ideal candidate will analyze the chemical makeup of all scrap metal in the facility. You will be responsible for assisting in the processing of a wide variety of metal samples. Techniques utilized include material sampling, the operation of a button furnace, an induction furnace, a spectrometer, statistical analysis and data management. Candidate will receive on the job training with plenty of advancement opportunities within our facility.
- Collect, assess and process samples of metal and accurately complete all associated paperwork and data analysis.
- Requires the use and understanding of all laboratory equipment (i.e. XRF analyzers, Spectrometer, induction and button furnaces).
- Maintenance (preventative and during testing) of the workplace and equipment is required.
- Adhere to all safety, health and environmental standards and keep a clean and organized work area.
- Work on various laboratory projects and other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree (no experience required)
- Preferred College Degree in Math or Engineering
- Technical background i..e. Chemistry, Physics, Material Science and Computer Science
- Proficient in math, Excel and general computer skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Quality control analysis
- Health, Dental and Vision plan
- 401k & Safe Harbor Plan - Company contributes 3%
- Company Paid Life Insurance and LTD Insurance
- Onsite Gym and trainer
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive Salary with Bonuses