Human Resources Intern - Summer 2022
Avient is seeking a Human Resources Intern for summer 2022. This role provides an opportunity for a motivated individual to work on HR related projects in a professional, global environment with exposure to specialty areas of HR, including talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits and HRIS, as well as supporting our HR business partners. The HR Intern will also participate in a company-wide summer intern program that promotes professional development, networking, cross-functional collaboration and community involvement.
· Acts as a contributing member of the various teams within HR.
· Gains exposure to domestic and international operations within the HR teams and knowledge of Avient practices.
· Contributes in various projects and initiatives led by HR.
· Presents key learning and results to the leadership team at the conclusion of internship.
· Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Current pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field.
· Prior internship experience a plus, but not required.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with individuals across the organization.
· Ability to work as part of a team with excellent collaboration skills across other functions and with business partners.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities including good time management skills, organizational skills, and taking accountability for tasks and issues.
· Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
· Quick thinking, initiative taking, thirst for learning and unafraid to be out of comfort zone.
· Desire to learn and develop with in the field of human resources.
Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
The following characteristics are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position: (1) standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time, (2) talking and listening and (3) working in an office environment where noise level is low to moderate Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.