Software Engineer Intern
Summer 2022 College Internship
Developers at MIM Software work alongside industry experts and leading clinicians across the world. We solve complicated problems in innovative teams and gain a solid clinical perspective on medical imaging and the departments that use it while on-the-job. We’re looking for passionate interns with great communication skills who can excel in our flexible, highly team-centered work environment.
AREAS OF FOCUS
MIM - Our flagship software platform, based around a Java core, uses techniques such as image deformation, image segmentation, and statistical analysis to solve the problems faced by today’s medical professionals. If you’re interested in creating elegant software solutions to difficult, real-world problems at lightning speed, MIM is for you — no prior medical knowledge required.
MIMsoftware.com - More than just marketing, our front-facing website is our primary method of customer engagement for support and training. Built on the Play! Framework and utilizing Java, Scala, and Twirl with a PostgreSQL backend, MIMsoftware.com is the virtual window into the world of MIM.
CORE - MIM Software moves too fast to settle for hiring consultants and purchasing ERP systems. Our business runs on CORE, our in-house system to manage our sales, support, product development, and regulatory-compliant testing. Running on MariaDB, Ruby on Rails, and great ideas from all over the company, CORE development is fast, flexible, and fun.
Web Clinical Data Solutions - Our next-gen suite of tools to unite clinical data for uses beyond image processing, such as analytics, peer review, and decision support. These tools are web deployed using the Play! Framework for Java, Scala Twirl templates, a PostgreSQL database, and Docker containers as the hosting environment, with a rich UI built using Bootstrap, React.js, and Typescript.
Algorithms Research - Medical image processing takes research and development. By working alongside the scientists on our Algorithms Research Team, software engineers on the team research new technologies, implement prototypes, and build tools and infrastructure for large-scale data analysis.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop complex algorithms for image analysis and business logic Improve user experience
- Work within specifications to meet project objectives in a timely manner
- Communicate with peers and customers
- Work with project team members under an agile development process
- Adhere to quality and design control procedures specific to the medical device market
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the following majors: computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or physics
- Required skills include general problem-solving, strong analytical thinking, and an aptitude for math and science
- Experience with technologies we use preferred but not required
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE