2022 Summer Intern - Architecture
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Effective November 1, 2021, the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland will require that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. The Bank decided to adopt this requirement after careful review of public health information, workforce data, employee feedback, and the Federal Reserve System’s pandemic recovery plans. The Bank believes that this course of action is important in providing a safe work environment so that we can continue to carry out our responsibilities on behalf of the public.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank. We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history. For twenty-two years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications. At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future.
Join our team as a paid Summer Intern!
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland seeks to engage a student majoring in Architecture as a Summer Intern to work in the Real Estate Services Group (RESG). The successful candidate will be engaged in architectural design and support on multi-discipline commercial architectural and infrastructure projects of moderate to large scope. The intern will be embedded within the RESG Planning, Design, and Construction team. A team made up of architects, engineers, and construction professionals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform various aspects of architectural design - including programming, conceptual/schematic design, and project coordination.
- Prepare and/or coordinate programming, schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
- Review, coordinate, and consult on 3rd party consultants’ services (architects and engineers), including design development, construction documents, and specifications.
- Assist with the Bank’s “Workplace of the Future” initiative.
- Review, coordinate, and communicate with design team members to ensure design details integrate and align with other project disciplines and the Bank’s Workplace Design Standards/Workplace Strategy.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the Bank’s Workplace Design Standards/Workplace Strategy (materials, methods, and construction standards).
- Assist with the Bank’s initiative toward conversion of facility record documents to BIM modeling (REVIT) in addition to ACAD.
- Assist with Sustainability, LEED, and/or Energy Star initiatives.
- Participate in building code review and analysis.
- Coordinate record drawings and documents to support department requirements.
- Assist with the bidding process, including preparation of addenda, bulletins, and amendments.
- Perform various activities associated with the construction phase, including field visits/reviews, answering RFIs, and reviewing shop drawings.
- Participate in team meetings and coordinate efforts with other team members
- Students currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 and will be in their senior year
- Proficient in AutoDesk Design Suite (AutoCAD and REVIT)
- Familiarity with AutoDesk BIM and AutoDesk Build
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and have the ability to multitask
- Problem Solving Skills: 1) Interpersonal communication: Requires communicating well with people at different levels, frequently sharing information with others while listening to and understanding their points of view. 2) Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.