Actuarial Internship (Summer 2022)
As the oldest and one of the largest health insurance companies in Ohio, Medical Mutual provides health insurance to more than 1.6 million Ohioans. For more than 85 years, Medical Mutual has improved the lives of its members by offering high-quality group and personal healthcare coverage.
Medical Mutual has been selected as a Northeast Ohio Top Workplace by the Plain Dealer for the past ten years. We’re looking for a self-starter and a quick-learner to help us continue being the best health insurance choice for Ohioans.
Performs analysis of primary drivers of cost and utilization trends
· Evaluate impact of COVID-19 on deferred care and pent of demand
· Identify and value changes in practice patterns of providers
· Query and aggregate medical claims data
· Differentiate utilization between different services
· Differentiate patterns of care by provider group
· Learn about different types of health care services
· Improve SAS/SQL/Excel skills
· College students with a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Masters preferred standing with a cumulative 3.75 GPA or higher obtained
· Preferred Majors: Actuarial Science/Math/Economics
· Desired Skills: Strong analytical skills. Basic knowledge of Excel.