Case Manager/Therapist for Treatment Foster Care
$3,000 Sign On/Retention Bonus!
Foster Care Program at Beech Brook
Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Proud to be a 2020 and 2021 Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace!
Apply at www.beechbrook.org
Our competitive benefits package includes paid vacation days in addition to sick and personal days; 11 company holidays; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; and, mileage, cell phone and tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance.
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio’s premier behavioral agencies is a place where people are proud to work. We employ the best people where staff feel valued, empowered, connected, inspired and part of something meaningful. We inspire creativity, passion, optimism and fun!
We are currently currently hiring a Case Manager/Therapist for our Foster Care team. This position will provide CPST/case management services to children of various ages placed in Level 4 foster care with special attention paid to trauma informed care. The candidate will also carry responsibility for foster to adopt placements; and adoption finalization work.
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited):
- Completes competent diagnostic assessments which exhibits judgment in diagnosis (if applicable)
- Bases treatment decisions on a clinical framework and effectively establishes medical necessity when appropriate.
- Provides individual and group/family treatment interventions as appropriate to the client needs and treatment plan goals.
- Transfers and terminates cases to maximize potential gains to be sustained over time.
- Achieves treatment outcomes.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the family about the course of treatment as evidenced by the number of meetings, home visits, and/or phone calls
- Responds to families and assists meeting their needs in a timely manner.
- Identifies potential areas for crisis and proactively plans to prevent it.
- Handles crisis in a calm and effective manner.
- Ensures Foster parents meet rules requirements to maintain licensure and to provide a safe, supportive environment for the child(ren) in care.
- Collaborates with prospective Adoptive parents to ensure all license requirements are met.
- On Call responsibilities on a rotating basis
- Master’s Required
- Ohio license: LSW, LPC
- Skill in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with electronic medical records
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Personal reliable transportation is required
- 2 years of experience in Behavioral Health or Foster Care
- Ability to work independently and creatively to solve problems for highly complex youth
- Demonstrated ability to engage difficult and high risk youth and their families
- Good working knowledge of community resources
Beech Brook is a trauma-informed care organization that values employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to the agency's clients and staff.
Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer.