Account Managers are responsible for managing and growing our customer accounts by handling our day to day operations and developing relationships with our customer contacts. Account managers are responsible for executing and maintaining the KPIs that our customers require while working to maximize profitability. They are responsible for managing exceptions, resolving issues, and managing our load board. Account Managers must have a basic understanding of the domestic freight market and enough pricing knowledge to quote transactional, and small-scale long-term opportunities. These individuals should understand the value of delivering high quality customer service both internally and externally. They should be entrepreneurial, organized, confident, and a team player.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Maintain and continue to develop strong relationships with our customers.
· Understand basic market trends.
· Manage daily load board and take responsibility for ensuring that our loads are serviced properly.
· Understand which loads to accept, and which to reject.
· Identify needs and persuade our customers to give us more opportunities.
· React with a sense of urgency to solve problems and capture transactional opportunities such as spot quotes.
· Successfully quote customers considering all variable factors.
· Ability to identify what makes a shipment attractive (Flexibility, Profitability, Transit)
· Work with carrier floor to ensure freight is covered and serviced properly.
· Manage accessorial charges.
· Collaborate with team and manager to come up with ways to improve our operations and grow our accounts.
· Ability to recognize technical issues between our system and customer’s TMS.
· Demonstrated ability to perform well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
· Resourceful, organized, has grit and shares our company values.
· Passionate about high quality customer service and customer experience.
· Confident problem solver who is detail oriented.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and has an ability to learn and operate different software systems.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or at least 2 years of experience in transportation.