Claims, Intern (Remote or Hybrid Work)
Position Title: Claims Intern, Multiple Positions, (Remote or Hybrid Work)
Pay, and Location:
- Salary: $15.00/hour
- Remote Or Hybrid Work
About the Job:
The Claims Business Unit helps our customers in their greatest time of need. When an accident happens or a storm occurs, we deliver on the promise of protection. By delivering on the promise of protection we align with Westfield’s corporate goal to earn the loyalty and trust of our customers. We utilize state of the art technology to improve cycle times and accuracy to ensure our customers an effortless experience.
Interns will utilize strong customer service and analytical skills to assist our customers within the claims process. The claims intern program is experiential and will enable participants to strengthen and build their professional development skills.
An intern is focused on developing business acumen. The intern will gain leadership experience in their assigned business unit. Typically, an intern is given a project to complete or is assigned day-to-day activities to assist the business unit. An intern actively participates in the summer internship program.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
- Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
- Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
- Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
- May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
- Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
- Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
- Creates and delivers presentations.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
- Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
- Previous work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
- Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.