Engineering Co-Op (Fall Semester 2022)
Engineering Student Opportunity - Fall Semester 2022 (Mid August through December) - Engineering co-op students are considered to be an integral part of the Engineering staff and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under guidance of the senior engineering staff and Program Manager, the students will be assigned to teams associated with ongoing production, New Product Introduction, and Research & Development programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Preparation and modification of engineering drawings and 3D models using computer-aided systems such as Inventor, CATIA, and AutoCAD.
- Support of component and full-scale test activities
- Interface with other internal organizations such as manufacturing, quality, and purchasing, as well as external customers and suppliers.
- Works with engineering personnel to design, assemble, test products, gather and reduce data.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results and completed basic tasks on engineering documentation.
- Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
- Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, mechanical, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Goal-oriented team player able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
- Able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
- Must be a currently enrolled student pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Materials Engineering and must have completed sophomore year criteria from an ABET accredited college or university.