Summer College Internship
Announcing Summer Internships In The Following Areas
- Hospital Operations
- Patient Experience
- Information Services
- Population Health
- Institute for H.O.P.E
- Human Resources
- Voice Video Data Communications
- Capacity Command Center
- Ethics and Compliance
- Outpatient Clinics
- Supply Chain
- And more!
The MetroHealth System is redefining health care by going beyond medical treatment to improve the foundations of community health and well-being: affordable housing, a cleaner environment, economic opportunity and access to fresh food, convenient transportation, legal help and other services. The system strives to become as good at preventing disease as it is at treating it. Founded in 1837, Cuyahoga County’s safety-net health system operates four hospitals, four emergency departments and more than 20 health centers.
Conducts research and analysis and provides project management that supports the work of an assigned manager. Coordinates resources for project execution by participating in defining project scope and objectives, creating and maintaining project documentation, incorporating management requirements. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
- Provides research, analysis, and project management that support the work of an assigned senior leader
- Coordinates resources for project execution
- Attends meetings and participates on committees, as requested.
- Proactively participates with internal and external stakeholders to conduct early analysis of potential initiatives, policy matters, and projects.
- Incorporates principles of teamwork and collaboration with all organizational levels in the resolution, completion and follow-up of various responsibilities.
- Displays sensitivity to and understanding of various cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, with at least two years coursework completed or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in addition to the experience stated below.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Able to provide high quality customer service through phone calls, email, and face to face interactions
- Displays the ability to be collaborative and a quick study.
- Driven by personal values that are consistent with The MetroHealth System’s values with a focus on the best interests of the System.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- May need to move around intermittently during the day, including sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and ambulating.
- May need to remain still for extended periods, including sitting and standing.
- Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
- Ability to read job related documents.
- Ability to use computer.