Sales Development Intern-Cleveland
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Do you want to be a part of a team that never quits, welcomes creativity and is the world’s largest paints and coatings company in the world? If so, keep reading because we have an exciting opportunity for you. Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group is offering a PAID internship for college students that offers hands-on experience in a well-known Home Center that carries Sherwin-Williams Retail North America Division's products, Valspar, HGTV by Sherwin-Williams, Cabot, Minwax, Purdy, Thompsons Water Seal and more. This opportunity could also lead to full-time career opportunities upon graduation!
During the 10-week week summer internship program, you will have the opportunity to work side by side with our experienced Sales Service Reps. You will spend your time with your “Mentor” learning the ropes and uncovering what it takes to be a successful Sales Service Rep for Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group.
Your summer will start off with a virtual Opening Kickoff event where you will learn all about the Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group and be introduced to all of the exciting items your summer internship will entail.
While working side by side with your “Mentor” and other Sherwin-Williams Sales Service Reps you will be introduced and begin to develop aspects in sales, analytics, marketing activations, training, Key Decision Making (KDM) exposure, business acumen and business communication. Interns will also be exposed to Sherwin-Williams professionals in a variety of functional areas.
After participating in all of these learning experiences, you will have the opportunity to visit our main office in Davidson, North Carolina where you can “Let your Colors Show” and conduct a presentation on the exciting and new experiences that you learned throughout the summer.
We hope that by having you join our team for 10-weeks you get to learn, experience new things and potentially be offered a full time Sales Service Representative position upon your graduation.
The training location for the North Division is Cleveland, OH. Interns must be located here for the duration of the internship.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university.
- Must be a Junior or Senior class standing.
- Minimum overall 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without now or in the future requiring sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to work all scheduled hours which may include weekends.
- Must be able to operate a computer/iPad and communicate via the telephone.
- Positions in this class typically require: typing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, type, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see and perform repetitive motions; ability to climb a ladder.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May require prolonged standing in retail store environment.
- Ability to accurately distinguish color for the purpose of visual color matching and color recommendations.
- Licensed and physically capable of operating a motor vehicle (passenger car).
- Must have a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who are entering their Senior year upon the conclusion on the Summer Internship Program.
- Previous experience in Customer Services, Sales, Marketing or other Business related field.
- Previous relevant internships or co-op experience.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Strong Communication, relationship building and organizational skills.
Retail store environment, paint department specifically, in addition to contractor site visits, including new construction settings.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.