Manufacturing Engineer Internship | Fall Semester 2022
Manufacturing Engineer Intern
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern supports Aero Fluid Products by designing and developing the manufacturing process to produce precision machined components. Duties include writing the step-by-step part processing plan, developing tooling/fixturing to hold the part during assembly/ testing/machining, setting quality and cost standards, and lean process improvements.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, assembly techniques, and quality controls.
* Testing of assembled components to quantities and specifications per print.
* Evaluate work cell layouts to improve manpower utilization, workflow, and floor space utilizing Lean techniques.
* Develop job aids that include tooling, fixtures, metrology, and visuals by working with internal resources as well as external vendors.
* Assure product and process quality by designing measuring methods, establishing standards, and validating the manufacturing process.
* Develop complete and accurate documentation of existing manufacturing processes as well as new product introductions.
* Embrace and follow the standard work practices developed for manufacturing engineering.
* Apply Basic Engineering Principles.
* Participate in the investigation and response to internal improvement requests.
* Complies with and conducts business in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Promotes ethical behavior and acts with honesty and integrity.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
Education & Experience Requirement
Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively as well as independently in a dynamic environment. The required qualifications are as follows:
* Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Associate degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
Preferred Skills & Abilities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Access)
* Working knowledge of SolidWorks, or similar software.
* GD&T desired
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
Manufacturing environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.