Mechanical Engineer 2022
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking several mechanical engineers for its Pittsburgh/Monroeville, PA location.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
- Project engineering responsibilities requiring technical cognizance of nuclear plant components and related servicing equipment (e.g., pressure vessels, valves, pumps, heat exchangers, and refueling equipment).
- Functions encompass the following: review and approval of supplier designs; specification preparation; technical negotiations and purchase order placement; establishment of component testing requirements; engineer follow through component manufacturing and testing phases; evaluation and resolution of operational equipment field issues; extensive communications with customer and supplier personnel.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Experience in project or design engineering with some experience or familiarity in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing, welding, specification preparation, structural analysis, fluid flow, mechanical design, or field support.
- A proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving capabilities are also desired.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
In accordance with BPMI’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, BPMI may adopt mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols including a mask mandate and social distancing. Please speak with your BPMI Talent Acquisition Professional during the application/interview process if you have any questions regarding any potential COVID requirements.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training