Accelerate to Leadership Post-Graduate Program 2022 - Food Service Manager - Richland Correctional Institution
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Aramark’s Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program offers early career talent valuable work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training across a variety of environments and business areas. As a year-long development and training program designed for recent college graduates, A2L provides you with the resources you need to ignite your full potential and launch an accelerated career path at Aramark.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and developmental exercises tailored to each candidate’s career track. For the thousands of students and recent grads that call Aramark home, we provide a place to grow, advance, and impact lives across a range of exciting industries and locations.
Aramark’s A2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact.
Hospitality & Facilities Management Career Track:
What do a best-in-class hotel, electrifying concert arena, life-saving hospital, and leading university have in common? They all rely on efficient operations, maintenance, sophisticated engineering, spirited hospitality, and a hardworking staff to succeed. At Aramark, we take pride in keeping our facilities clean, safe, and running seamlessly, and we’re passionate about creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and clients. The Hospitality & Facilities Career Track allows you to gain an in-depth perspective of running and maintaining facilities and operations at a location that excites you.
This position offers a sign-on bonus!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assists in the development of short term and long term financial and operational plans for the unit which support the overall objectives of the company.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Monitors the performance of the unit through verification and analysis of customer satisfaction systems and financial reports. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Recommends or initiates corrective action.
- Recommends and maintains sales/marketing programs.
- Recommends and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Recommends and maintains applicable preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the unit.
- Assists in the maintenance of a security function which protects both the assets of the unit and the personal safety of employees and customers.
- Implements and maintains effective two-way communication systems which reach all employees.
- Develops new programs which result in an increased level of customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Manages in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
What Makes You Right for This Role
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2020 – August 2022 to be eligible for the 2022 A2L Program)
- There are two start dates for the 2022 Program: April and July. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- Dynamic working skills to handle change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / willingness to relocate according to program or business needs.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.
What’s in It for You
- Exposure to a fast-paced, professional, and encouraging culture at the heart of culinary innovation
- A chance to work with industry leaders at a Fortune 200 company
- High level of access to supervisors, mentors, and significant feedback throughout the program
- Becoming part of an international team with a heightened focus on service, hospitality, inclusion, and sustainability
- Cross-functional collaboration and experience across teams and departments
- A premiere post-graduate program designed to place you on a fast track towards a managerial role, while developing you to become a future leader at Aramark
- Special discounted prices at exclusive Aramark properties and access to numerous other discounts at participating retailers
- Full benefit bundle, including: Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account, Life & Accident Insurance, 401K, Employee Assistance Program, Holidays & Paid Time Off, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and Commuter Connection