Analyst Intern, Commercial Real Estate Finance (Summer 2022)
LUMENT is currently seeking to hire Analyst Interns in our Columbus, OH office for our 2022 internship program. Analyst Interns at LUMENT work with production, underwriting, and asset management support groups. These opportunities include exposure to all products offered by the firm as well as direct contact with firm leadership.
The focus of the Analyst Intern position is to develop team members that have a broad view of the capital markets and a deep understanding of LUMENT’s offerings so that each client is provided the best possible outcome. Throughout the program, the intern will work with a team of motivated mortgage banking professionals in a fast-paced, highly specialized real estate finance operation, to provide analytical support and market research on commercial mortgage loan transactions. Analyst Interns will receive exposure to various aspects of a commercial real estate transaction and loan products through lunch-and-learns, job shadowing, guest speakers, and cross-functional partnerships with other departments during the course of transactions.
The Analyst Intern roles will be located Columbus, OH office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis for both debt and equity transactions
- Participating in deals from engagement to closing, including day-to-day interactions with internal team and staff, clients, agencies, investors and other funding participants
- Learn to review and analyze potential loan transaction packages
- Begin to develop a basic understanding of Commercial Real Estate procedures and best practices by reading and studying regulatory guides, underwriting and processing guidelines, and proprietary training materials
- Develop a basic understanding regarding the “flow” of the loan origination and underwriting processes LUMENT’s various product types
- Involvement in corporate and strategic initiatives as the need arises
- Actively participate in all lunch-and-learn, training, and other LUMENT sponsored trainings and events
- Work professionally and harmoniously with team and coworkers
- Committed to upholding and emulating the ORIX USA core values, which are: Pursue Excellence, Seize Opportunity, Live Honorably, Create Value, and Thrive Together
- Other projects and duties as assigned
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Current enrollment at an accredited college or university in a business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related degree program required.
- Possess a strong desire for a career in commercial real estate
- Prior financial internship or work experience a plus
- Willingness to relocate required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and list other relevant systems or software
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a changing environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments ant transactions simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) including a strong aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
- Highest degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into clearly articulated credit and business recommendations both verbally and in writing
- Initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility