Merch Crew (Customer Service and Sales)
At the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, we are dedicated to making a difference. We intentionally foster a diverse & equitable museum that encourages & embraces creativity & innovation. As a community leader, we value, empower, & respect all people. We provide all team members equal access to information, development, & opportunity. We acknowledge historical inequities & purposefully create an environment where each person feels accepted, appreciated, & safe to utilize their unique experiences & perspectives. Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is more than just a policy. It supports our mission and defines our future.
Summary: The Sales Associate drives the energy within the Rock Hall store. They are a positive team player through supporting daily processes, maintaining product and visual standards, and adapting in the fast-paced store environment. They are energized, curious and take initiative to understand the Museum goals. They build relationships naturally through being open, engaging and embracing individuality & style. This is a 90 day temporary position to support our busiest season at the Rock Hall, but there are opportunities for it to lead to a permanent position based on performance, availability, and personal desire.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; provides outstanding customer service
- Stocks & cleans the store for the best sales appearance and ease of use for the customer
- Develops & maintains knowledge of all merchandise in selling area to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced
- Assists with merchandising efforts, displays, and floor moves as needed
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Prefers a fast-paced high energy environment
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Flare for fashion & style
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Minimum 1-year high volume retail sales experience
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Continually required to stand & walk
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, and lift/carry items up to 25 pounds
- Continuous loud music
This job description does not list all the duties of the position. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.