Youth Mental Health Specialist
** Now offering $2000 New Hire Bonus!**
Bellefaire JCB is among the nation’s largest, most experienced child service agencies providing a variety of mental health, substance abuse, education, and prevention services. Bellefaire JCB helps more than 43,000 youth and their families yearly achieve resiliency, dignity and self-sufficiency through its more than 25 programs.
Position Summary: As a Youth Mental Health Specialist, you will have the opportunity to care for our clients while working alongside licensed professionals and gaining excellent clinical experience. You will monitor and maintain awareness of our client’s emotional condition and facilitate the daily care of clients by providing emotional support, assistance and motivation.
- Participate in client’s progress by monitoring and evaluating client response to treatment, attending staff meetings and clinical rounds, and completing required status reports and paperwork.
- Facilitate treatment programs and cottage groups on various topics (i.e. anger management, relationship building, self-esteem, etc.).
- Protect clients from physical and emotional harm emanating from themselves, others, or the environment including use of the Therapeutic Crisis Model of Intervention
- Provide a structured environment and provide day-to-day care of clients
- Caring for the client environment, which includes maintaining its neatness and cleanliness
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Mental Health or related field preferred.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required.
- Must be at least 20 years old.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
Why Work for Us:
We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive total rewards (benefits and compensation) options to our valued employees and their families, including domestic partners. Our rich options include:
- Dental, vision and medical insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays