Logistics and Compliance Analyst
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Under the direction of the Director, of Global Supply Chain, the Logistics & Compliance Analyst will assist in ensuring cost effective logistics decisions as well as 100% compliance to all international regulations.
This position will require that you are located near either Mayfield Heights, Ohio, Buffalo, NY, Brewster, NY, Milwaukee, WI, Westford, MA or Albuquerque, NM
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Interface with internal and external customers, international sales order administration, freight forwarders, customs brokers and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics for shipments. Respond to internal and external inquiries concerning shipments and/or issue resolution.
- Administer the requirements of import/export control matters in accordance with all government regulations and Materion policies and procedures.
- Lead and support the completion of various supply chain focused continuous improvement projects.
- Administer customs programs such as duty drawback and periodic monthly statements (PMS).
- Recommend transportation adjustments to reduce the total cost of ownership to Materion based upon a detailed analysis of logistics spend data.
- Classify Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) codes for materials being imported and exported.
- Analyze import data to ensure proper duties are being paid and goods are properly classified; lead efforts to correct any brokerage errors that occur during the importation process.
- Provide reports of U.S. Customs activity including but not limited to tariff spend data, sourcing statistics and compliance metrics.
- Collect and maintain appropriate documentation for compliant record keeping to support licensing, screening, and classification.
- Bachelors Degree in Business preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years international importing/exporting experience and previous experience with governmental regulatory agencies prefeerred
- Strong working knowledge of transportation, logistics and freight methods/procedures
- Strong working knowledge of US Customs import requirements and guidelines and overall knowledge of international trade procedures and practices necessary
- Strong customer service skills and good sense of urgency required
- Requires ability to successfully complete training in the transportation of hazardous materials including DOT and IATA.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from approval for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.