Software Developer - Medina, OH
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges. ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops and supports applications to provide innovative technology solutions for business challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Developer to join the ArcBest Technologies team in Medina, OH. The Software Developer implements and improves our IT applications. They analyze system requirements and address any relevant problems. The Software Developer also performs standard testing and provides solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security. Ultimately, the Software Developer should be able to translate our internal and external clients needs into new high quality IT systems.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Identify system requirements
- Consult with business partners to track software requirements and features
- Collaborate with other developers to produce new systems
- Validate changes by testing applications
- Train users on new applications and provide support
- Ensure system requirements and deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments
- Formulate and implement solutions to business and system problems
- Communicates with customers as appropriate to confirm and understand requirements
- Understands what requirements analysis means in the context of a project and how important it is to the outcome
- Ensures the testing of applications at various stages throughout the development process
- Designs application tests to ensure adherence to functional and quality requirements
- Understands why business satisfaction is important to successful product/service delivery
- Understands the importance of effective business communication
- Avoids technical jargon when inappropriate
- Focuses activities on developing and maintaining positive relationships with the business.
- Interprets considerations for selecting an optimal testing environment for specific applications
- Creates test scenarios that ensure all error handling processes perform as expected
Skills & Abilities:
- Interpersonal Relationships Working experience of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Estimating Basic understanding and ability to use judgement, experience, and understanding of the work being planned to consistently, reliably, and verifiably predict the man hours for a task or project.
- Software Product Design/Architecture Basic understanding of and experience with activities, tools and techniques for converting market requirements into the software product design.
- Programming Working experience and ability to test, write, design, debug, troubleshoot and maintain source codes and computer programs.
- Requirements Analysis - Working experience and ability to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
- Application Testing Working experience and ability to design, plan, and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
- Stakeholder Focus - Basic understanding of the values and practices that align business needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all decisions and ability to communicate ideas, information, and needs with the business.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
Experience: Prior software development experience, preferred.
Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of programming languages such as C# or other .Net languages as well as modern web-based technologies. Familiarity with Mainframe technologies is beneficial.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.