Global Inclusion & Diversity Internship
Are you analytical, eager to learn, resourceful, and most importantly, are you passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)?
Eaton’s Global Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) team seeks an intern who is self-motivated, creative, and curious about what it's like to work in DEI! This high exposure role will support various global I&D efforts by working in collaboration with the members of the I&D team and other key internal and external stakeholders.
This is an immersive opportunity where you will gain hands-on experience. Your work will contribute to Eaton achieving its aspirational goal to be a model of inclusion and diversity.
Responsibilities/Types of Projects:
- Create engaging social media I&D posts and submissions for internal communication channels.
- Propose contemporary and engaging improvements to current global cultural signage.
- Contribute to the global I&D transparency report benchmarking, coordination, creation, deployment, and marketing.
- Support the coordination and facilitation of I&D employee learning events and resources.
- Develop FAQs and response process for I&D mailbox.
- Independently perform research, benchmarking and document findings and recommendations, as needed.
- Attend I&D core team meetings, global meetings and regional meetings for exposure and learning.
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please don't round).
- Relocation is not provided for this role.
- Preferably with previous Intern experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Curious and persistent; never satisfied with just scratching the surface of a multi-layered problem.
- Well-organized self-starter with strong tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to achieve effective outcomes.
- High level of resilience with the ability to handle change requests and rapid project iterations.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Balance of big picture thinking and thorough attention to detail.
Eaton Marketing Statement
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.