Environmental Engineering Intern/Co-op (Fall 2022)
Environmental Internship (Fall 2022)
The Lubrizol Corporation is looking for highly motivated students for our Environmental Internship at our Painesville, OH facility in the Fall 2022 semester.
What will you do in this opportunity?
- Assist with strategic and tactical leadership in the development and implementation of the facility’s environmental management programs and initiatives
- Assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, and Lubrizol standards and policies
- Assist with the development and implementation of environmental programs and initiatives for various environmental media Gather data, perform calculations, and complete reports to be submitted to regulatory agencies
- Prepare permits, reports, forms, and other routine and non-routine submittals for various environmental media in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct data reviews, create documentation, and complete environmental systems updates
- Assist with coordinating required testing events
- Collaborate with personnel throughout the facility to implement and maintain environmental compliance initiatives
What will you gain from this opportunity?
Lubrizol believes in providing you with a wide variety of experiences and increasing your responsibilities as you progress through the program. As a Lubrizol Chemical Engineering Co-op, you will rotate through a number of different assignments based on your interests and opportunities in the company. Assignments will challenge you in an effort to promote professional growth while being an integral part of the company’s business. Lubrizol’s commitment to providing a rewarding experience for you is guaranteed to pay dividends in your career development.
Lubrizol’s co-op programs have been around for over five decades. Many of our senior leaders began their own careers as Lubrizol co-ops; this list includes former Lubrizol President's and CEO's.
Benefits of Lubrizol’s Chemical Engineering Co-op Program:
- Rewarding your hard work!
- Competitive pay
- Holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period
- Tuition reimbursement assistance during work sessions
- Housing assistance and relocation assistance is offered to students with a permanent residence that is 35 miles or more from their assigned work location(s)
- Diverse experiences with the stability of one employer. We ask co-ops to visit one of our many locations across the country for one of their work sessions; this provides a deeper understanding of different businesses, products, processes, and people.
- FUN! We a variety of events and activities for our students. Past events include attending sports events, TopGolf, Go-Karts, paid volunteering days, and even a picnic hosted by our CEO!
- Grow professionally. All co-ops present their work at the end of each work session to upper management. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops are doing as well as get exposure to hiring managers and a great networking experience.
- Full-time opportunities after graduation. Our engineering co-op program is an important vehicle for hiring full-time engineers at Lubrizol. In fact, more than 70% of co-ops come to Lubrizol after graduation. Two of our most well-known former co-ops include former Lubrizol President's and CEO's.
Who are we looking for?
- Students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university, with a graduation date up to 2026.
- Ability to complete one or more co-op work terms
- Students with GPA > 3.0 will be given priority consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
How do you learn more or apply?
Lubrizol partners with universities across the country to recruit for the Chemical Engineering Co-op Program. Talk to your university career services department to find out when we will be on your campus. Then, visit us at our information session and at your university career fair. You will also need to submit an online application - click "Apply Now".