Technology Intern (Fall 2022)
Candid seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to review, refine, design, develop, test, and document software.
Position: Technology Intern (Fall 2022)
Reporting to: Senior Database Administrator
Schedule: 15-19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm during the Fall 2022 semester
Location: Flexible (remote or onsite at one of Candid’s offices in Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; New York, NY; Washington D.C.; or Williamsburg, VA)
Candid (candid.org), the nation’s leading authority on philanthropy, seeks a resourceful, creative, conscientious, and detail-oriented intern to work closely with the Candid development staff to improve and expand the Candid Data System, a relatively new system centralizing and standardizing the disparate data sources used by Candid, providing consistent and up-to-date information to all downstream processes.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the ability to think and learn quickly, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and an appreciation for the activities of the nonprofit sector.
Interns will be expected to participate in Candid training programs and present on their work at a Town Hall at the conclusion of their internship.
· Exposure to the day to operations of the Candid Agile/Scrum development process.
· Exposure to creative approach to design problems, meetings, and brainstorming concepts.
· Exposure to the processes and practices of project management for design-related projects.
· Ability to develop in Microsoft .NET and T-SQL.
· Work within an Agile Development framework.
· Design, implement, and support CDS processes.
· Work closely with various Agile teams’ developers and QA staff to scope and resolve issues.
· Pursuing a degree computer science or related field
· Technical inclination with a sound understanding of computers, software development, and a thirst for knowledge.
· Knowledge of T-SQL and SSMS a plus but not a requirement.
· Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming, experience with Microsoft .NET a plus.
· Professional, positive attitude
· Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
· Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our
talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid,
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.