Human Resources - Co-Op Opportunity (Fall 2022 Sept - Dec)
Fall 2022 (September - December) Student Employment Opportunity from $18.00 per hour. Human Resources co-op students assist in the coordination and execution of projects, programs, and tasks in support of employee relations, talent management, talent development/training, benefits administration, and other workforce support transactions as needed or assigned by Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the talent recruitment process for open positions including posting job openings, screening applicants and resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting reference and background checks, preparing reports and correspondence.
- Develop, organize, and execute employee relations activities as assigned.
- Assist in the support of employee health and wellness programs in support of company preventative health goals.
- Conduct research on topics and programs in support of Human Resources department goals.
- Organize and carry out general administrative tasks including records maintenance, employee correspondence and data entry (HRIS systems, Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- Respond to employee requests for information and assistance.
- Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
- Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong internet navigation skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Prior exposure to and/or knowledge of employment laws a plus
- Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or manufacturing shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, employees etc.
- Must currently be a 3rd year (Junior) or above Full Time student in the pursuit of a degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field of study with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)