Team Shop Sales Associate
Our teammates are at the core of what we believe in: People, Collaboration, Learning, and Excellence (PeopleCLE). We look to hire individuals who are committed to our purpose of uniting and inspiring our city through the power of team. Our mission is to win the World Series while creating a compelling fan experience. If you believe you possess these important traits, please consider a career with the Cleveland Guardians.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: We are looking for service-minded teammates, who are committed to working together to help us create amazing memories for fans, each other, and all visitors to Progressive Field. Assure fan satisfaction and help assigned location achieve sales plan while promoting a positive image of the Cleveland Guardians organization. This job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
All applicants for employment with the Cleveland Guardians will need to comply with the Cleveland Guardians Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all fans using the START selling model and suggestive selling.
- Maintain the “Image of Champions” to maximize sales opportunities and ensure fan satisfaction.
- Achieve individual and location’s merchandise and ticket sales goals daily.
- In partnership with store management team, ensure location is visually merchandised to Company standards.
- In partnership with store management team, ensure location’s understock and backroom are organized to Company standards.
- Communicate merchandise needs and problems to store manager.
- Assist in daily maintenance and successful operation of assigned location.
- Accurate cash handling procedures.
- Protect assets of the Company.
- Share any breach of internal/external loss prevention policies with store management team.
- Partner with store management team for efficient completion of shipments, cycle counts, all business initiatives for their assigned location.
- Actively participates in communication in all directions regarding policies, procedures, etc.
Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Store Management team.
- 50/50 or Program Sales
- Assist in other ballpark souvenir stands
- Assist in Distribution Center
- Participate with inventory process
- Participation in trainings pertaining to public health and appropriate public health-related protocols.
- Assistance in application and enforcement of public health-related requirements, including (but not limited to) requirements pertaining to the wearing of masks and/or social distancing.
- Availability to work 65% (55 games) as well as 100% of Jewel Events and Post Season Games.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slips, trips, falls and cuts.
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 55 lbs.
The Cleveland Guardians are committed to developing and maintaining an environment that embraces all forms of diversity to enrich our core values, enhance our competitive position, strengthen our impact within our community, and foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
In this spirit, we know studies have shown that people from historically underserved groups - including women and people of color - are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and understand that candidate may bring certain skills and experiences to the role that are not listed above, but that would add tremendous value to our organization. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.