Resident Services Manager
The Manager of Resident Services (New York) will report to the Vice President of Social Services and will:
- Work across business lines to ensure successful implementation of programs that support our residents
- Provide supervision, coaching, and support for coordinators, intern(s), VISTA volunteers, and contract staff as necessary
- Work directly with community managers to help resolve disputes and complaints
- Assist in developing needs assessments and workplans
- Utilize data from needs assessment to help identify program priorities related to health and wellness, financial capability, youth development, workforce development, senior services, and resident engagement
- Advise on program strategies to support COVID relief work to include eviction prevention, food insecurity, vaccinations, and broadband access
- Conduct routine check-in calls and site visits with coordinators to monitor implementation of site specific workplans
- Assist in building relationships with prospective program partners
- Assist in reviewing and applying to funding opportunities that support business needs
- Write reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Onboard new resident services coordinator team members
- Work to implement the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Standards of Success.
- Provide quality assurance for multifamily service grants.
- Spend up to two days a week providing direct case management and programmatic support to residents.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in community engagement, government relations, and providing support services to community groups and individuals
- Familiarity with social services programs in an affordable housing setting.
- Strong presentation skills to include writing, public speaking, and meeting facilitation
- Knowledge of affordable housing policies and trends in community impact and resident services
- Proven track record of implementing programs and organizing events that support communities and affordable housing residents
- Ability to attend meetings and community events on evenings and weekends
- Highly motivated self-starter able to problem solve and juggle multiple priorities
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Understanding of resident services programming for seniors a plus
- Familiarity with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Standards for Success
- Experience with Family Metrics, AASC Online, and Microsoft Office
- Must be available for up to 50% of travel