Autism & Mental Health Technician (Supported Living)
** Now offering $2000 New Hire Bonus!**
Bellefaire JCB's sister agency, Lifeworks: Autism Services, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that individuals with autism lead healthy and enriched lives by providing essential clinical services across the lifespan. Founded in 2013, Lifeworks provides residential, vocational, and educational opportunities for adults throughout Northeast Ohio with a diagnosis of autism. Among its array of services, the agency offers behavioral health and Applied Behavior Analytic services for individuals of all ages who are on the spectrum.
Position Summary: As an Autism & Mental Health Technician, you will work in homes, vocational settings and broader communities to positively impact the lives of adults with Autism. For professionals seeking a fulfilling, but challenging, work experience that could help to propel them toward an career in psychology, psychiatry, social work, counseling, special education, nursing, public health, speech, occupational, or physical therapy, this position might be an ideal fit for you!
Lifeworks offers opportunities for you to advance your career through direct mentorship, flexible hours, great field work experience and opportunities for growth. We also offer supervision hours for BCBA and BCaBA candidates.
Part-time and Full-time positions available!
- Provide managed care, support and training for consumers in the areas of vocation, functional daily living skills, community integration, communication, social skills and general wellness.
- Assure the safety and well-being of each individual while promoting independence and respecting each individual’s choices, needs and rights.
- Plan and organize daily activities to optimize programming for consumers.
- Aid in the management and modeling of socially acceptable alternatives to negative and destructive behavior.
- Protect consumers from physical and emotional harm emanating from themselves, others or the environment.
- Properly handle emergencies such as injuries and acting-out situations.
- Role model pro-social, mediation and self-management skills.
- Pursuing and/or obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, Special Education or related field.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Must be at least 20 years old.
Why Work for Us:
We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive total rewards (benefits and compensation) options to our valued employees and their families, including domestic partners. Our rich options include:
- Dental, vision and medical insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
Other Benefits of Working at Lifeworks:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Field work experience and supervision hours for BCBA and BCaBA candidates.
- Year round free CEU trainings