Intern, Human Resources- Summer 2023
INTERN, HUMAN RESOURCES – SUMMER 2023
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern-housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially supported for the length of your internship.
As an intern within our Human Resources department you will serve as a resource for current and former Smucker employees, their families and, occasionally, non-employees such as applicants or contractors for questions regarding all HR policies and procedures. You will prioritize and respond to employee requests using our case management system and assist other service center employees with opening, recording, processing, or closing cases in the system. You will also analyze complex information to identify problems and root causes by using system knowledge and understanding of prior case handling. You will effectively resolve or escalate issues, and communicate resolutions to employees.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience from the real work you will be provided, relationship management, and professional development.
Is this Role a Fit for You?
Are you a driven student with a passion for delivering high-quality work while expanding your skillset and maintaining a continuous learning mindset? Are you eager to share your opinions (and have them heard) and make a positive impact through your work? Do you share in our dedication to continuous improvement and growth? If so, you are the type of student we are looking for to join our Internship Program!
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A Junior or Senior standing in school with requisite educational experience in Human Resources, or another relevant field
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including strong time-management, communication, teamwork skills, attention to detail, knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in an HR environment as well as a passion for HR and serving our employee population
Learn More About Working at Smucker
- Our Total Rewards Benefits Program
- Our Thriving Together Philosophy Supporting All Impacted by Our Business
- Our Continued Progress on Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Follow us on LinkedIn®