Marketing Intern (Summer 2023)
MARKETING INTERN (SUMMER 2023) - BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, OH
ON-SITE, 40 HOURS/WEEK - 2 OPENINGS
The Marketing Intern, working closely with the Marketing Specialists and with guidance from the Marketing Manager, assists with various projects and supports the overall effort to position GNCO companies as the premier material handling dealer. Through social media, the Marketing Intern will grow our customer and employee following and engagement. This role will drive more leads to our Sales teams and protect and improve our online reputation.
Social Media Content Creation & Scheduling:
- Using Canva, prepare separate sets of content by operating company for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn that meet each platform’s guidelines and is branded for the respective operating company.
- Follow supplier and industry related social media to find content that can be reshared.
- Monitor competitor’s social media pages and report on trending topics.
- Write news articles on trending subjects for operating company websites, and post links to articles on LinkedIn and other social sites.
- Schedule content on Hootsuite and Facebook for Business platforms.
Social Analytics Reporting:
- Analyze available metrics of each social media account. Create reports that summarize our engagement and follower profile. Identify ways to improve engagement.
- Create short informational videos for other operating company websites and YouTube channels as assigned.
- Create short, fun videos that promote our employee culture.
Customer & Employee Social Engagement:
- Identify key customers and send requests for their respective company page to follow us.
- Create a plan to improve employee engagement on company social media sites. Contests, intranet posts, other.
Assist the Marketing Specialists and Marketing Manager with other marketing assignments as needed.
- Always maintains confidentiality of marketing strategy and company financial information.
- Adheres to the logo guidelines for all GNCO companies and external suppliers.
- Maintains utmost professionalism when posting online on behalf of GNCO companies.
- Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor degree program, majoring in Marketing or Business.
- Previous promotional or communication experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize projects.
- Must be organized and have a keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with posting to social media required.
- Experience using social media posting platforms a plus.
- Experience with Photoshop and Canva a plus.
- Experience with video editing a plus.