Marketing and Communications Intern
Position: Temporary, part-time, nonexempt, paid ($15.00 per hour)
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Officer
Summary: The marketing & communications intern will provide support to the entire marketing & communications team, including writing, material development, event planning, research, and evaluation. The intern will be responsible to the Chief Marketing Officer with daily supervision provided by the Marketing & Communications Officer. The intern role is designed to expose and challenge students pursuing or interested in a career in marketing, communications, or a related field to all facets of integrated marketing.
Work hours will be approximately 14-28 hours per week with increased availability during school breaks, including summers, preferred. The internship is designed to follow an academic quarter/semester and may be extended, provided there is additional work available.
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Officer:
· Develop content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other digital platforms.
· Provide on-site/virtual event support and assist team with event planning and community relations.
· Generate e-newsletter and blog content.
· Generate content for internal communications vehicles.
· Provide Advancement and Grantmaking communications support as needed, particularly copy writing.
· Conduct research to support marketing and communications projects, including social media benchmarking and community foundation sector trends.
Essential Qualifications, Credentials and Technical Skills required:
· Pursuing or interested in a career in marketing, communications or a related field, previous internship experience helpful.
· Strong writing, proofreading, social media and research skills. Graphic design, video and HTML/content management, and special event experience helpful.
· Know-how to produce communications in multiple formats, including digital, print and broadcast.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills. Ability to effectively manage course load, extra-curricular and internship responsibilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to ask questions when in need of direction or clarification.
· Ability and confidence to interact with staff at all levels and external constituents.
· Creativity and passion for philanthropic communications and non-profit marketing. Desire to continue learning.
· Commitment to racial equity and inclusion in all areas of work.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
The Cleveland Foundation exists to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Greater Cleveland. The ability to carry out our mission and to foster our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion can best be pursued if our workforce, grantees, donors, partners, and governing body are inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives.
We believe that diversity encompasses, but is not limited to, age, color, education, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental abilities or characteristics, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and/or other characteristics that make an individual unique. The Cleveland Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities for all.
The Cleveland Foundation makes pay equity and competitive pay rates a priority for individuals across all positions. This position pays $15.00 per hour.
Preferred candidates will have strong academic credentials, are involved in student or community service activities, familiar with technology and have strong presentation and writing skills. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter here as soon as possible. This posting will remain active until the position is filled. We regret that we cannot respond personally to each applicant.
Note: Hours worked will be largely remote, until we move into our new headquarters building late in 2022. The Cleveland Foundation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide valid proof of vaccination unless a documented medical or religious exemption is approved. All information provided will be kept strictly confidential.