Accounting Associate (December 2022 Grad)
HYBRID - 4 DAYS ON-SITE, 1 DAY REMOTE
The Accounting Associate/Junior Accountant is responsible for the monitoring and posting of transactions to the general ledger and related analysis of general ledger accounts. They will also assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis, the cash management function, as well as monitoring internal control processes as necessary.
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts on a regular basis, with a focus on cash, sales, cost of sales, receivables, payables, deposits, accruals, and prepaids.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and supporting schedules for general ledger accounts as requested.
- Analyzes and posts daily PO invoices to general ledger.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and posts to the general ledger.
- Reconciles financial statements by branch and department each month by the respected deadline.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Provides support for annual financial audits, preparing requested documents and statements as needed.
- Prepares schedules necessary to support annual tax returns, particularly state apportionment.
- Assists with the daily AP invoice flow using third party processing solution (Cor360).
- Assigns invoices, vouchers, and check requests with correct codes, conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Interacts with employees at all levels to facilitate the smooth flow of invoice submission and approvals.
- Reviews customer aging accounts and provides analysis to assist treasury management with cash flow forecasting.
- Assists in troubleshooting complex customer and vendor issues regarding invoice processing, collections, warranty, payment, and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Reviews daily cash deposits and reconciles to the bank.
- Prepares daily cash report for treasury management.
- Monitors posting of expense for proper classification and assignment to departments.
- Partners with team members and managers to identify and implement business improvements to achieve ongoing operational efficiencies.
- Assists with the design and implementation of proper internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of process documentation.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least one year of accounting experience required, which may include internship experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Works effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Anticipates needs of others and performs tasks without being asked, as appropriate.
- Solid understanding of GAAP, including cost accounting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolution of the role and new processes.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Complete and accurate in work performed, with keen attention to detail.