Marketing Co-op - (Spring Semester - January 2023 Start) - Multiple Positions Available
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
* Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
* Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
* Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
* Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are a Marketing Student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, Ohio location, you will have the opportunity to support different groups within Emerson. You will work with Sales and Marketing teams to support not only their managers, but aftermarket customers, customer relationship management, and department marketing activities related to research and product launches as well. Your responsibilities may involve cross-functional team interactions with professional members of Product Management, Application Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and the Global Service Center.
AS A MARKETING CO-OP, YOU WILL:
* Conduct market research and surveys
* Create reports, analyze data, and interpret results for management
* Assist in developing, evaluating, implementing, updating and maintaining various department websites, tools, programs and processes
* Support event management (trade shows, webinars, etc.)
* Attend and participate in meetings and carry out designated action items
* Support projects and manage time for multiple assignments
WHO YOU ARE:
You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You focus on creating an effective collaborative style. You prepare content for communication that is impactful.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field
* Ability to work 40 hours per week during the scheduled semester
* Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
* Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, or Engineering with a Business Interest/Minor
* Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
* Sophomore or higher class status preferred
* Strong oral and written communications skills, analytical and decision-making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office
* Strong project and data organization skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Have the ability to work in a team setting and ability to utilize other web-based programs (i.e.: surveys, internal communication sites, etc.)
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive match, fitness center, holiday pay and an online wellness rewards program. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.