Summer Project Management Intern
Pinnacle Construction & Development Group, Inc, a General Contractor in Northeast Ohio, is looking for eager, hardworking individuals interested in advancing their education and skills with a Project Management Internship in the construction industry.
This internship is designed to introduce college students (ideally Juniors and Seniors) to office and field experiences in the commercial construction profession. The opportunity exposes the student to a wide array of professional interactions among management, project managers, field workers, consulting professionals, clients, and related trades, exploring the role of each within a project. Because of this, candidates should possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
The intern will work on an active job site under project managers, field superintendents, and other corporate managers on a variety of construction tasks to understand one or more of the practical aspects of converting an idea into a finished construction project.
INTERNS WILL GAIN KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Blueprint Reading
- Cost Estimating
- Project Scheduling
- RFI/Submittal Processes
- Job Log Maintenance
- Project Closeout Procedures
- Trade Contractor Coordination
- Safety & Quality Management
- Understanding of Cross-Functional Departments
- Effective Management Techniques
FOR CONSIDERATION, PINNACLE REQUIRES:
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Civil Engineering; Junior or Senior status preferred (Sophomores with an appropriate level of skills and experience will also be considered).
- 10 to 12-week summer commitment with Pinnacle Construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well with others as a team player.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and relationship management skills.
- Organized with impeccable attention to detail and a high level of initiative.
- Ability to interface with owners, subcontractors, and specialty consultants.
- Self-starter with proficient computer skills; Intern will be exposed to various software used such as Microsoft Outlook, MS Excel, MS Project, Primavera, Procore, and Foundation.
- Obtain valuable work experience in the commercial construction field that will increase your confidence as a future construction professional.
- Develop management techniques, communication, and leadership principles through mentorship and tangible experiences in commercial construction.
- Enhance your future marketability when seeking a permanent position after graduation.
- Hours would be flexible; 20-30 per week.
- This position will be stationed at our construction field office at NASA Glenn Research Center (21000 Brookpark Road, Cleveland, OH) with the possibility of travel to other active job sites in Northeast Ohio.
Pinnacle's internship program gives you an inside look at how we commit ourselves to our Core Values of DO IT - DO IT RIGHT - DO IT WITH A SMILE to meet our client’s project goals. Learn how to quickly solve construction challenges and deliver safe, quality, and cost-effective projects. Along the way, you’ll foster relationships with our clients, trade contractors, architects, and engineers that will set you on the path to becoming a well-rounded construction professional.
ABOUT PINNACLE CONSTRUCTION
Our company works extensively with federal government agencies, including NASA, the National Park Service, the General Services Administration, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, NAVFAC, as well as state and local government agencies. We specialize in unique, complex, and safety-critical projects and take great pride in delivering a quality product on time and within budget.