Information Systems Internship
Great Lakes Cheese is seeking an intern at our Hiram, Ohio location. At GLC, you have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the organization. While working independently or in a team environment, you develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help build a foundation for your career. Internships at GLC allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. This position is a paid internship.
JOB TITLE: Information Systems Intern
REPORTS TO: Infrastructure Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are looking for an Information Systems intern to join our team for a ten-week period lasting from June-August. This internship requires 40 hours of on-site work per week.
The Ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Our paid internship program provides an opportunity for students to assist our team in analyzing plant processes, designing and implementing improvements, troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes, and working with others to detect problems and implement solutions.
· Support the IT Infrastructure team in maintaining hardware, operating systems, and networking.
· Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support.
· Lend IT support in areas such as data center management, systems administration, networking, and cybersecurity.
· Gain hands-on experience in an IT Infrastructure position.
· Shadow and train with knowledgeable professionals.
· Opportunity to work with strategic projects team to complete IT objectives.
· Up to 20% travel required (if needed).
· All GLC interns are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
· All GLC interns are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Actively enrolled in or possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
· Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
· Must be legally authorized to work for a company in the U.S. without sponsorship both now and in the future.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Problem solving skills.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Strong communication, presentation, and team skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, able to work well independently.
· Work is performed in an office setting.
· Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer AA/M/F/V/D.
This description is designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. However, nothing in this description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and tasks to this job at any time. Employees may be asked to perform other activities, duties or responsibilities as required or directed.