Jergens, Inc. has been a strong presence in the manufacturing industry for over 75 years, becoming one of the world’s largest manufacturers of standard tooling components, vises and other workholding equipment. Jergens has career opportunities for anyone interested in manufacturing and we are looking for individuals who are motivated, team-oriented, and passionate about growing or starting their career in manufacturing!
Our work culture:
Jergens, Inc., is a privately owned manufacturer founded by the Schron Family in 1942. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH, Jergens has a global reach, with activities across 4 continents and 30+ countries around the world.
Through the many changes over the past 75 years, one thing has remained a constant – the core values of Jergens. A dedication to:
• Hard work
• Excellence in all we do
• A commitment to family
These values are the foundation upon which the company was built, the standard for how every Jergens employee conducts themselves today and will continue to set the direction into the future as we continue to grow our family of employees.
About Jergens, Inc.
Jergens, Inc. is comprised of 3 distinct business units: Workholding Solutions, Lifting Solutions and Specialty Fasteners. Building on its reputation of uncompromising quality standards, Jergens is committed to helping its customers achieve leaner, more profitable manufacturing, and continues to add products and engineered solutions for an integrated approach to “Manufacturing Efficiency.” To learn more about Jergens, Inc., visit us at www.jergensinc.com
Also, be sure to check out our video to see what it's like to work at Jergens: https://youtu.be/UVkHTp6OH54
The Engineering Co-Op/Intern is actively pursuing a degree in an engineering-related field and is responsible for contributing to the execution of the engineering strategy that supports the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The incumbent will take advantage of opportunities to gain an understanding of the basic responsibilities of the engineering function and will contribute to the organization through the successful and timely completion of assigned projects and tasks. The incumbent will relate and apply knowledge acquired in the academic setting to contribute to the company’s success in achieving its engineering objectives.
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The following is an outline of the basic duties and responsibilities of the above-titled position. It describes the duties and responsibilities in the broad scope and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual(s) in this position may, from time-to-time, be assigned other duties as appropriate.
- Take the initiative to develop a basic understanding of our company’s operations, technology, programs, and systems. Seeks assistance, as necessary, with unfamiliar situations.
- Relate and apply knowledge acquired in the academic setting to contribute to the company’s success in achieving its engineering objectives.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with company managers, supervisors, employees, and the engineering function’s internal and external customers.
- Assist in the implementation of engineering efforts that effectively support the company’s strategic vision, mission, and corporate values.
- Complete projects and tasks in a timely manner to support the achievement of the overall company business objectives.
- May assist in creating concepts and designs/approaches for new products, processes, and test methods.
- May assist, as assigned, in the development and analysis of products, materials, processes and/or equipment.
- May design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments and compile, analyze and report operational, test and research data in support of engineering initiatives.
- May design, procure and fabricate tooling and fixtures.
- May be assigned engineering documentation tasks.
- Keep the supervisor aware in a timely manner of any issues needing the supervisor’s involvement. Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
- Is actively pursuing a bachelor’s or higher-level degree in an engineering related field.
- Through related experience has demonstrated the skills and ability to be an effective engineering co-op/intern with the company.
- Has a strong customer orientation and is able to effectively communicate, build relationships, present ideas, and lead people to meet customer needs and achieve Company objectives.
- Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Has excellent computer skills and is proficient with all related company systems and programs.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands.
- High energy with a sense of urgency in responding to organizational needs.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Is committed to the company’s values.
- Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports.